Sunday, April 24, 2016

The What and The Why

Facebook is becoming a synonym for 'internet', articles are being replaced by 'list-icles', and original writing is being marginalized by content production. The internet, is now just a massive garbage dump and before you realize it, you're spending hours doing nothing, switching between tabs in seconds, and scrolling further and further down your news feed, trying to find something even remotely stimulating. It's the absolute equivalent of vegetating in front of your TV. I've caught myself on more than one occasion scrolling down the 'timeline' on my phone, only to realize how tiny the slider on the side has become - as a measure of how far I've scrolled. It's almost like you sleeping with your mouth half open, while slowly drooling.

Therefore I'm going back to the old ways and old days when blogs were popular, and we could connect with a few other original and interesting bloggers (who'd write more than 140 characters), and form a sort of network of interesting things to share, and read. As much as I'm aware of the fact that we can't go back to crawling, after learning to walk, I'm going to try. I'm positive also because I feel where we've found ourselves today isn't necessarily a step forward. It has it's usefulness, so long as its restricted for those specific uses, but which is a story for another post. This covers the 'why'.

What about the 'What' ? So far it's nothing specific, and more about escaping the relentless mind numbing chatter. But it would be mostly what I think about or encounter in my life. As a student. But non-academic. It should get more focused as time goes by. Just like the process of starting to read; you pick books randomly at first, and with time notice that you tend to pick a certain kind, more than others.

Cheers

No comments :

Post a Comment